2003 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Gotta luv it
By ML on 07/15/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

SUV room with a great car ride (did not want a truck ride like the Honda Pilot. Well built, quiet, V6 power and room for a tall (6'3) guy to spare. Like the easy rear fold down seats for cargo (unlike my old Chrysler mini (yuk)). Sits high enough for great visibility but also easy to get into for the shorter person (wife). We end up taking this on long trips rather than our luxury Avalon. Just more comfortable and versatile. Best car owned in 20 years! Would get another in a heart beat.

Capable Cruiser
By shendee on 07/12/05 15:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We needed car-like ride and handling and the Highlander delivers. Plenty of room, especially front-seat footroom, plus a noise-free ride. Outstanding dependability and top-notch build quality make an excellent value. The transmission is especially smooth and the standard audio features user-friendly knobs and big, lighted buttons. The 220-hp V-6 is smooth and powerful enough. Mileage is as advertised, 23 mpg when driven sensibly. The 60-40 split rear seat easily folds flat creating 81 cubic feet of cargo capacity. The quality of interior materials is good, although the dash is hard, grained plastic and the plush ivory cloth is not child-frieldly. Visibility and handling are strengths

Rock solid
By Jer on 05/27/05 18:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

62,000 miles and no problems other than a loose sun visor. 22+ MPG all around, quiet and smooth ride, room for lots of stuff.

My first Toyota was a great choice!
By TchrCochrane on 05/21/05 09:04 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I wasn't sure about getting an SUV, but this one was so comfortable. I describe it like this: it's like a car and a van all rolled up into one! I really enjoy driving it. My two children love riding in a more spacious area and really enjoy watching videos on the Dvd player. Glad I got it!

Great Little Truck
By Nick on 03/18/05 20:12 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I currently have 68k miles. No problems at all. I have only changed the oil and tires. I am on my second set of tires. Factory tires where Goodyears are very soft. I get around 22-25 hwy mileage. Would buy another one in a minute. Waiting for the redo in '06. Plenty of space, drove to the Keys last year with family, fully loaded, got over 23 mpg. Would get the 4WD next time. ECT snow switch has gotten me out of some tough spots.

GREAT CAR!
By Huey on 01/02/05 22:50 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

What a good investment this suv was. Gas mileage is unbelievable for an suv. The leather is so soft and comfortable. It handles impeciably, nice and tight on corners, super smooth over bumps, and little to no noise intrusion. The acceleration is what you would expect in a sports car, the Highlander is quick, and agile. Its an suv, but with out all the downsides of an suv ( like: gas gussler, big and hard to manuver, not comfortbale, etc) Has a great resale value,......well duh, its a Toyota! (american car companies need to get on the trolley, forgien cars are just outstanding)

Highlander
By John Gallagher on 12/08/04 12:08 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful vehicle. Typical Toyota quality. It is a pleasure to drive and travels as smooth as silk. Nice acceleration and plenty of power.

Buy the V6
By Robcowling on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the 4 cylinder for my wife, she is ok with it, but I can not stand to drive it. We thought we would get better gas mileage out of the 4 cylinder but that has not been the case. We get 19 mpg every time, sometimes less. On a recent trip, we got 22, no where near the advertised 22- 27 mpg. I have talked to those who have the 6 cylinder and they are getting the same or better gas mileage. So it makes since to buy the V6 and have 80-90 more horsepower while getting the same gas mileage.

Best Car I have ever had
By Michelle E. on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Highlander! I put 30,000 miles on it in one year and never had the first problem. It is comfortable, smooth and fun to drive. Handles beautifully in Virginia winters, even without 4 wheel drive. The heated seats are great on a cold morning and the DVD player has saved my sanity on several trips. I would buy another one in a heart beat.

Versatile vehicle
By Phil Conners on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far it's been great...easy to drive, spacious, nicely designed.