2003 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Glad I bought it!
By TD on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth, quiet ride, good gas mileage for an SUV type vehicle.

Excellent
By Derun on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, fun to drive

Fun Machine !!
By Vinod on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Man, what a truck !! This is the best vehicle I have ever driven. Beats all those SUVs out there - ride, handling, comfort, performance. Minus the infamous 'rear-window-open' problem and the average music system, this vehicle is the best ! With JD Power's 'most appealing mid-size SUV' award, the highlander adds another feather to it's cap.

Fun Machine !!
By vinod on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Loving it!
By PAX5formerowner on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was a BMW owner for the first time and had a 2001 X5 for 2 years. I loved that car . . . so I thought. Dependability NONE! Decided to go for the Toyotal quality and what I got was an SUV with a better ride than the X5 -much better and $12,000 less in sticker price. Saved a bunch of $$ going with the Highlander and thought I would sacrifice something, however the quality is superb to the BMW and the ride is wonderful. Roomy, fun to drive and love the leather package. Got the Limited with everything and glad I did. Wonderful vehicle and should have went with Toyota 2 years ago instead of the X5. Sacrificed nothing except more $$ in my pocket . . . .

LOVE IT!
By petrn on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love the car! The ride is smooth and sure. I feel safe and comfortable when driving. The dealership was great although when I went to get the inspection sticker I was told an hour and a half wait was required. In fairness though, when I objected, the car was immediately inspected. I test drove many SUV's before deciding on the Highlander and I made the best choice by far.

NOt bad
By mtc46jw on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have quite happy with the thing overall, much better than the American equivalents. Wanted to like the Jeep products but one test drive comparsion was enough to go with the "CATruck" Have not been sorry yet!

Great Product, but Poor Service
By former BMW driver on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I picked the Highlander and love it. I drove around in my brother's X5 for a month, but the Highlander with it's price makes it all better. As for Toyota Service.... Service guy at the dealership told me he deals with "reality while the sales guys tell me fantasy." The car is missing a part and had a scratch upon purhcase. They didn't tell me that I can only bring it in on Tuesdays to get the paint fixed. I've been to the service department 3 times now. I don't think I'll ever buy another car from Dublin Toyota again. But the product is excellent.

THE VERY BEST THING I'VE EVER BOUGHT
By Sanya on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've bought many things in my life, but NONE except my house have been as satifying as this truck!!! A friend of mine bought the lexus truck and is so mad at me for saving 10K and have the same feel and luxury of her lexus!!! I can't say enough about this SUV.... it is truly the best.

a quality vehicle
By mon on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We did our homework on SUV's over a period of months & time & time again,we kept returning to the Toyota highlander. With the quality built into this vehicle,we can see ourselves holding on to this vehicle for a good 6 or 7 years or possibly longer.In other words,you get what you pay for.