2003 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
From Explorer to Highlander
By SacDriver on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I used to drive an Explorer unitl I recently sold it and got a Highlander. The ride and comfort is like night and day. The Highlander is so smooth and responsive. It's a joy to drive. The interior is classic, comfortable and well designed, while the engine is quiet and reliable. The only complaint is when the rear windows are rolled down with the front windows up, it sounds like a helicopter is landing on you. I've heard of this condition with the Highlander before and it is loud, but we never drive with only the rear windows down so it's not a real problem for us.

Higlander, AWSOME SUV!!!!!!!!!
By i am on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I got my Highlander 2 months ago,and I have not had any problems yet. (what am I saying,of course I haven't had any problems! I'm driving a Toyota!) I previously leased a 1999 4-runner and had no problems.It was never in the shop,(exept when I got in that wreck) and it never broke down.I absolutely love the interior design,and the exterior is almost as nice.The drive and ride are just excellent!! It is so comfortable even going from Glendale to Palm Springs.It's performance is great,and it is pretty fun to drive. I highly recommend it.

2002 Highlander Limited
By Rowdy Fred on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My first Japanese-built vehicle and I love it. Having owned only North American-built vehicles in the past I am delighted by the overall quality of the Highlander. Add the convenience of AWD and car-like ride and handling and you have the perfect vehicle for use in Northern climes. Definitely not a serious off-roader, but certainly a nice compromise between van-like utility and 4WD functionality.

What a machine
By jim on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recently bought a 2003 Highlander Limited edition and I can honestly say it is a Lexus with a Toyota badge. What a satisfying experience it is to drive this machine. Just Awesome. Jim

BEST SUV I've ever owned!!
By Marianne on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My last 2 SUVS were Jeep Grand Cherokees. I never thought I'd drive anything else. A friend recommended the Toyota Highlander and I went for a test drive. Not only did it drive MUCH better than the Jeep, the interior was more attractive, the seats folded down much easier and the price was WELL below that of Jeep Grand Cherokee. I also can't say enough about Toyota of Westport. They were incredible..helpful, knowledgeable and extremely consumer friendly. I LOVE my Highlander and I am delighted with it's performance.

High praise for the Highlander
By Dr Pete on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In a word, a fantastic car! The ride is remarkably smooth, the V6 quick and powerful (there IS a big difference between the 4 and 6 cyl.), and the interior is intelligently designed, esthetically pleasing, and very comfortable. In 35 years of driving, absolutely our favorite! We can hardly wait to take it on our next road trip.

More than Expected
By Rudo on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just got the '03 Highlander today. We were astounded by the seat fabric and the interior materials, upscale look, better than CRV/Pilot LX. The engine is peepy and the acceleration is surprisingly good. The ride is very similar to our Camry. Cabin is quiet and roomy. Body roll is very noticeable when cornering though. So far we like it.

Well Designed
By Jacob Foret on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Well designed with plenty of room for passengers and cargo in the back. The ride is higher than a car, but not towering over all other traffic. You don't feel like an elephant maneuvering in a parking lot.

Wonderful Car!
By me0554_29204 on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV. Roomy, confortable -- even after a long drive!

Glad I bought it!
By TD on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth, quiet ride, good gas mileage for an SUV type vehicle.