2003 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Best Car For The Money
By Toms River Door & Wi on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had 2 Explorer's before and I got tiered of the truck like ride and feel. I didn't want a vehicle larger than what I had. The Hieghlander fit my needs perfectly. Between the craftmanship and the beautiful ride you will not fine a better car.

Awesome SUV
By BobNJ on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2003 Limited fully loaded. The options raised the priced to $32,500. I tried the Honda Pilot and Nissan Pathfinder w/comparable trim. The Pilot was roomy but the interior felt cheap. There was a 3 months wait which gives little room to haggle. The Pathfinder has a very nice but narrow interior. Highlander handles the curves with some body lean (less than other SUVs). The pickup is very smooth with no sudden jolts. It's made for the surburbanite who never go offroad and only takes occassional take trips to Vermont for skiing. The interior is ergonomically designed. The leather seats and simulated wood panels gives it a simple classy look.

Finally, your money's worth!
By chelled on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I finally got what I paid for!! Maybe a little more!! Roomy, comfortable, slightly more fuel efficiant than most SUV's (4cyl), classy, and affordable. Six months and haven't found anything I don't like. Thanks Toyota!

Greatest SUV
By Mr. SUV on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best SUV made for the size. Car like ride with great acceleration off the line. I have owned a lot of cars and SUV and this one is the TOPS. I drive a lot of miles, over 33,000 a year, and this vehicle is very comfortable even for a person who is 6'3" and 250 lbs.

Best vehicle I've every owned.
By Trippsgp on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In the 30 days I've owned my Highlander it has given me more pleasure than any vehicle I've owned in over 40 years of driving. With two wheel drive it preformed great in snow and ice. It has the most comfortable ride of any SUV I've every ridden in and drives like a dream.

Lemon. Well almost.
By javax on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At 13000 miles, cheap interior started making noise. Globe compartment rattles, the clicking noise from passenger door, anoying rattle from the driver's side rear door, and ticking noise from under the hood (plastic trims that holds the windshield). They are all snap-on plastic pieces. Futhermore, the engine light and VSC light come on and stay on. Also, a few times, as I start the vehicle, the engine stalled. We I had a Ford Explore before this vehicle and I regret that I traded it in with this one at 70000 mi. What an expensive mistake I made... Sorry Ford, I will buy yours next again.

Rattles a Surprise
By Surprised on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I love to drive my Highlander. It's quick, nimble and quiet (for a SUV). However, after 20k miles there are two rattles in the interior. Toyota charges a premium for their vehicles and I used to think it was well worth it due to the quality...I'm starting to wonder now.

another winner
By sarsi on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I accompanied my sister to buy her 2nd car in 13yrs(first car-camry '89 with 200K miles and still running). This SUV or CAR, or WHATEVER is a perfect vehicle for daily commutes and long drives. We already love it the first time we drove home. This is a "Grand Slam" for TOYOTA.

Utility, Comfort and Class
By Steven M on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Highlander is the best combination of utility, comfort and class available on the market today. I wish I had bought a Highlander sooner. Everything about it is perfect. But I do wish it got better gas mileage.

Very Nice
By SeanTh on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our 2K3 Highlander for one month and we have been very pleased. The ride is on par with the Lexus RX300 for $5000 less. It is just the right size for my wife to drive - big enough to carry the baby, a stroller and groceries with room to spare - and small enough to maneuver in the parking garage at work. The biggest problem is that it is so quiet and powerful, you can really get going fast if you don't watch the speedometer.