2003 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Best Buy
By speed1079 on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

had the highlander for almost a month now and continues to enjoy it. if you want an suv as your primary vehicle then this is an exact fit because it rides like a car for everyday driving and yet roomy enough for long trips during the holidays.

Atlanta Trekker
By smith and jones on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The more I drive it, the more I like it. Handling is good, It is much smoother than my daughter's Explorer.

Love the Highlander
By lioney111 on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent handling, drives more like a car than a truck. Interior is spacious and airy, with plenty of backseat legroom when passenger side front seat is pulled back. Cargo area and ability to create cargo space a big plus; no hump in the center back seat floor so even tall items can be fit inside. The safety features work! Experienced a T- bone collision with full front hit from speeding 45 mph Honda sedan. Air bags deployed, engine dropped down as described in Toyota literature. No windows broke, we were able to walk away with minimal injury from the impact and seat belt/air bags working properly. Although totalled, I plan to get another Highlander.

Best Car In The Market
By David McCory on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Not much thing to say, overall is a best car I ever seen

wife's favorite car ever
By sajslade on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We like the vehicle overall, but expect a little more in a top of the line vehicle (have a Limited awd 6 cyl)

Toyota Highlander
By chucktown on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the V6 AWD with CQ,DR,FE,PE,PG,TO,UZ options as well as the distributor's installed options:Carpet Mats and Toyoguard Plus Protection for $27,300 including taxes,title and fees.The Highlander gave us the benefit of having more room without having to get a minivan,the safety of the Camry (which this is based),the reliability of Toyota,and the price tag which doesn't break the bank.The ride is smooth even over bumps and RR tracks.The car is solid and sound when slamming doors.It is roomier between the driver and passenger seats than my Dad's 4-Runner,and I would say has just as much room.A really nice ride and a really nice automobile.

Damm Near Perfect... I'll Keep It!
By JonHailey on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Solid feeling body. No rattles. Smooth, silent, drive-train. Ample power. Pleasurable engine/door closing sounds. Right size outside/inside dimensions. Handy in tight parallel parking situations. Excellent foul weather handling. Seats are long term comfortable. Running close to EPA’s mileage estimate. Well placed armrests. Few, if any blind spots. Good mirrors. Flat floors! Rear seats recline. Ivory interior hard to keep clean. No change holder. Center console storage awkwardly arranged. Wind rush at highway speeds with any window/sunroof open. No power passenger seat. Few manual seating adjustments. No memory settings. No shelf for cargo area.

I love my new Highlander!
By Andrew 0801 on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love the new Highlander. As for reviewers who complain of wind noise on the freeway or cheap feeling materials, I have no idea what they're talking about or what type of car they are used to driving. The car is quiet, well constructed, feels very solid, thoughtfully designed, and handles well. I know of several people who own the RX-300, and this car feels just as good for a lot less money. The sales/support from the dealership has been excellent, and they made purchasing the car a pleasant experience. We also looked at buying the MDX, but overall found the Highlander to be a better value and have absolutely no regrets.

Marsha's Ride
By Toto in Kansas on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Highlander is a super ride!!! Two kids, a husband, and being able to take our dog were the reason for looking at an SUV. Pilot's were pricey and little dealing. My Camry was great and wanted Toyota quality. 4 Banger is great, just put your foot in it. Snow in St. Louis was a great work out for AWD and ECT switch. 75-80 MPH no sweat on I-70, buy and enjoy.

great suv
By jimmney on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i have had my highlander for 1 month now,i just love it . great suv