Used 2003 Toyota Highlander Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Great Value
By A. Palermo

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive this car everywhere as you can tell by the mileage, 75000 in 3 years. I wanted something comfortable for all passengers and this fit the bill and even after all the miles, it still rides comfortably. I also wanted an SUV that I could fit large items in the back and the highlander has the size I need. One of the problems with all the fancy SUVs on the market is that by paying $30000 or more you hate to get it dirty and use it for more then driving around town. Not the Highlander. It's priced right and I don't mind getting it dirty!

Favorite Features

Comfort and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better insulation to cut down on road noise. I wish Toyota would fix the vibration problem when the car is stopped and in gear. I have 3 Toyotas and all 3 have this problem starting at about 18000 miles. I'm told it's the motor mounts. Well if you know the problem, fix it!

30 MONTHS OF RELIABILITY & COMFORT
By ED GRECO

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A most reliable, ergonomically designed, just plain comfortable car. It's built on the Camry chassis--so the comfort. The interior design is superb with intuitive buttons and controls. We will trade up to a 2006 since financing is attractive.

Favorite Features

High seat access for easy in and out for older people; excellent visibility for us too.

Suggested Improvements

At the LTD level, there's not much to suggest...

Best SUV
By Diondra

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has the most room, the rear seats fold down FLAT, for animals, and it by far has the BEST, smoothest ride of any SUV on the market. Plus you get all the wonderful Toyota dependability to go with it!!

Favorite Features

The 6 CD changer and the moon roof

AWESOME CAR
By Toyotarawesome

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wow. its been 3 years now and the Highlander is purely flawless. Amazing engineering and design. It's amazing how reliable this car has been. The car is very well designted and cup holders galore! The only thing I would want on my Highlander is a navigation system, which they have for the 2005 model year now. :) I love Toyota!

Favorite Features

Design, interior, leather, CD Changer, performance, wheels, the moonroof/sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

The Goodyear tires they had as a standard tire only lasted until 24,000 miles. very disappointing.

Best car I have ever had
By Michelle Earnest

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have put 60,000 miles on my Highlander in 2 years. It is reliable, fun to drive, comfortable and roomy. The DVD player is great for the kids and the JVC stereo system is awesome. The heated seats are a nice upgrade. Mileage is a solid 22mpg. Air conditioning is a big improvement over my previous Dodge minivan - cools down quickly and maintains temp well. I would buy another one without question!

Favorite Features

heated seats, automatic lights, 60/40 rear reclining seats, large cargo area

Suggested Improvements

massage feature in driver's seat would be nice for long trips, better cup holders in front, compass, plastic removable mat for cargo section