2003 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Great Value
By A. Palermo on 04/02/06 22:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive this car everywhere as you can tell by the mileage, 75000 in 3 years. I wanted something comfortable for all passengers and this fit the bill and even after all the miles, it still rides comfortably. I also wanted an SUV that I could fit large items in the back and the highlander has the size I need. One of the problems with all the fancy SUVs on the market is that by paying $30000 or more you hate to get it dirty and use it for more then driving around town. Not the Highlander. It's priced right and I don't mind getting it dirty!

30 MONTHS OF RELIABILITY & COMFORT
By ED GRECO on 02/11/06 23:56 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A most reliable, ergonomically designed, just plain comfortable car. It's built on the Camry chassis--so the comfort. The interior design is superb with intuitive buttons and controls. We will trade up to a 2006 since financing is attractive.

Best SUV
By Diondra on 12/31/05 00:57 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has the most room, the rear seats fold down FLAT, for animals, and it by far has the BEST, smoothest ride of any SUV on the market. Plus you get all the wonderful Toyota dependability to go with it!!

AWESOME CAR
By Toyotarawesome on 08/25/05 18:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wow. its been 3 years now and the Highlander is purely flawless. Amazing engineering and design. It's amazing how reliable this car has been. The car is very well designted and cup holders galore! The only thing I would want on my Highlander is a navigation system, which they have for the 2005 model year now. :) I love Toyota!

Best car I have ever had
By Michelle Earnest on 07/31/05 14:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have put 60,000 miles on my Highlander in 2 years. It is reliable, fun to drive, comfortable and roomy. The DVD player is great for the kids and the JVC stereo system is awesome. The heated seats are a nice upgrade. Mileage is a solid 22mpg. Air conditioning is a big improvement over my previous Dodge minivan - cools down quickly and maintains temp well. I would buy another one without question!

Gotta luv it
By ML on 07/15/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

SUV room with a great car ride (did not want a truck ride like the Honda Pilot. Well built, quiet, V6 power and room for a tall (6'3) guy to spare. Like the easy rear fold down seats for cargo (unlike my old Chrysler mini (yuk)). Sits high enough for great visibility but also easy to get into for the shorter person (wife). We end up taking this on long trips rather than our luxury Avalon. Just more comfortable and versatile. Best car owned in 20 years! Would get another in a heart beat.

Highlander
By John Gallagher on 12/08/04 12:08 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful vehicle. Typical Toyota quality. It is a pleasure to drive and travels as smooth as silk. Nice acceleration and plenty of power.

Best Car I have ever had
By Michelle E. on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Highlander! I put 30,000 miles on it in one year and never had the first problem. It is comfortable, smooth and fun to drive. Handles beautifully in Virginia winters, even without 4 wheel drive. The heated seats are great on a cold morning and the DVD player has saved my sanity on several trips. I would buy another one in a heart beat.

Versatile vehicle
By Phil Conners on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far it's been great...easy to drive, spacious, nicely designed.

Excellent Choice
By AnonymousGA on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This has been an awesome car. It has not gone in the shop once since I have had it. It is extremely comfortable and the back seat area is very spacious. It drives like a dream. It gets great gas mileage for being an SUV.