2002 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Great car
By JakeBlues on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We love this car. It has a great ride, is mechanically sound and the V6 engine gives it plenty of power. We are quite happy with it.

The best midsize suv
By kenneth 2 on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Pleasure to drive, excellent fuel economy, toyota reliability, toyota quality,inside and out.

Great deal for a quality product!
By Tim Gydov on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this for 1 year now and am pleasantly surprised what a delight it is to own. This is my 3rd Toyota and I am just in love with this company. Their cars are far superior to all others I've owned... Chrysler, GM, Ford... none of them compare to the quality of Toyota. I was happy with the 4 cylinder over the 6, because the difference in power was not very great, and I was able to use the money I saved on upgrades like leather and sunroof - aftermarket ofcourse. I get loads of looks and questions from all kinds of people about this car. They are all surprised at how little I paid for it. $27000 new with everything. Highly Recommended.

Toyota is a joke
By TomandCarole on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

bought new in 12/03, took on trip over 1000 miles to ky and back to va. I was never more happy to get out of the worst seats, I have ever been in, in a car/suv. I always thought Toyota was a great car but now know better, seats are too small and hard as a rock, no support to the side and the lumbar is worthless. The metal in this car is very thin and sounds like a tin can when you hit a bump in the road. I will be happy when we can unload this car on someone that is in love with so called Toyota quality and resale value.

why anything else?
By Preacherman on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I don't understand why anyone would consider a Jeep Cherokee or, worse, a Trailblazer. I work with another minister who got a Trailblazer the same time I got my Highlander. We've traded a few times - Highlander's ride is superior, although not markedly so - but the real separation is in this. He's been back to the dealership twice in a year; once for a malfunctioning headlamp which required leaving the car all day. My neighbor's Grand Cherokee has the same story. Once the warranty ends, God help you. I also have a Camry and Corolla for my kids. We don't even know what a repair bill is!

Colorado Highlander
By Gorsuch on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A great little 4 cylinder SUV. Nice ride, good visibility, good overall quality. I like the way the Highlander drives, handles in the snow, and looks when I clean it. I've had some problems with fan noise and dashboard rattles. I plan on getting 150k out of this vehicle - just like my old Ford Explorer. For the money Toyota builds a great vehicle. I wanted a Camry station wagon & I think I got one.

The Perfect Car!
By Pawdoc on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In 2001 I discovered the Toyota Sequoia, and I watched as it increased 10K in price in 14 mos. Then I found the Highlander. It is the perfect combination of truck, performance, reliability, safety, cargo, quality, and comfort available for the price. Expensive? Perhaps, but compared to EVERYTHING else its a steal. If you have 50K for a car, get a Sequoia, but if you have 50K, why not just get the Lexus! For the rest of us - Highlander!!

A Great SUV
By Robert K. III on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Has never broken down. Gets about 30 mpg on the highway. Can tow a trailer. Very comfortable. Over all a very good buy. Would get it again

My 2002 Toyota Highlander
By dbeard on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable and smooth. Now my wife always wants to drive my car instead of hers!

2002 Limited V-6 AWD
By Patrick32787 on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Hey, i purchased a 2002 Toyota Highlander Limited V-6 AWD and i love it. the only thing i have to complain about is the standard Bridgestone tires in the snow, which stink, and the rattles the car has.