2002 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
highlander
By greg100 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

very happy with car

going to buy another one
By L G on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

originally bought it for the wife. now i have to drive it all accross Texas. Excellent when you have 4-5 hours of driving, no sore back. Quiet,not one minute of down time in almost 40,000 in less than 1 1/2 years. going to buy another one. this is my 7th Toyota, they are the best on the road.

I STILL LOVEIT
By ATOY4ME on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I will have had my highlander for 2 years come January and I still love driving it. It drives just like a car and not a truck.

Good car
By Highlanderfan on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Now have over 20,000 miles on our Highlander and still love it. We also own a Lexus LS400 but always take the Highlander on trips. Not sure why, but just seem to prefer the Highlander. Is it perfect? No, but it really is a nice road car. Handles well, power is decent and has plenty of room for the two of us. Negatives: too much road noise for "limited" type vehicle. Should have power passenger seat. Would be nice to have opening rear window. Sound system could definitely be improved.

Good Runner
By Geoff S on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A good running solid to the road feel vehicle with quite reasonable fuel economy. Why is there no power seat on the passenger side? No defect complaints. Driven a # of different Crossover type vehicles and this one beats them all in comfort and ride. The Big three needs to match this quality.

Toyota Highlander: Safe, fun and roomy
By Angels Intuition on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

On Aug. 9th, 2003, I was driving my Highlander on a roadtrip in Oregon. On a remote road, I was hit by a drunk driver... driver side to drive side. Both of us were driving at 55mph. My Highlander saved my life. The engine dropped down and the airbag deployed. I and my two friends walked away from the accident. This SUV was fun to drive, lots of interior room and safe. A pleasure to owe.

WOW! Was I impressed.
By Apollo_Johnw on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

If I go into all the items that I like about this car, you would think that I was working for the company. My job has me on the road a lot, so I see many driving conditions on and off the highway. Ride for the Highlander is fabulous. Road noise is kept to a minimum. Handling is excellent. Turning radius compares to a much smaller vehicle. Stereo in the Limited is wonderful for roadtrips or intown cruising. Seat positioning is outstanding for heights of 5'0-6'0. Rear legroom is incredible.

Almost perfect
By LeeOfB on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Almost perfect mid-size SUV, but the leather seats are as slippery as ice. I often can't lay anything on the seat - it slides off during normal stopping. Also, the car has no back-up lights! Also would enjoy sound system controls on the steering wheel. Finally, my only other issue with the car is ego- related. I wish it looked more "butch". But I love having all the advantages of a SUV in a vehicle that delivers decent, civilized gas mileage yet rides like a car, with plenty of power. Overall a great vehicle.

excellent
By dalila on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

it is very comfortable to drive

Highlander
By MikeandDeni on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Solid vehicle, easy to drive, quality throughout.