Used 2002 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Comport to drive is below average
By john ball

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my Highlander few months ago, so far its okey but i am not really satisfied with the "Fun to drive" Toyota is claiming. Its a little sluggish when the motor is cold and the cargo area is not that big for SUV.The back seat is very small for tall person (im 6`3 tall) I will give this car 4 out of 10.Wish i bought a Honda SUV.

n/a

The cargo area must be improve,the engine needs a little attention, the back seat is somewhat small for tall persons.

I love this car!
By osperr

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and I'm enjoying it immensely. It's very fun to drive - great transitions and breaking. Also, it holds everything!

I really like being able to see so far in front of me. The seats are so comfortable that when I get out of the car after long distances I don't even feel the need to stretch.

when the rear windows are down without the front windows, open, my eardrums actually vibrate and it's awful!

Good Switch from a
By Good to Go

2002 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Having worn-out our second Blazer we hit the lots looking for another SUV. Tried the new GM products...Envoy, Trailblazer, Tahoe...but one drive in the Highlander and we were hooked. The Camry base is evident over the other SUV offerings, with a car like drive and handle...smooth, comfy and hugs the road. We do not tow but appreciate the peppy V6, traction system and mpg...a quality buy!

All wheel drive, handling, workmanship.

Front console organizer...coins, CD's, etc. Flip-up rear window.

4 Cylinder - Better Than You Think
By CHM

2002 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I think most people assume that you need the V-6 option with the Highlander, but if your driving is mostly suburban, the 4 cylinder is more than adequate. The 4 cylinder also does well in highway driving. I chose the 4 cylinder because I wanted to maximize my fuel economy, but still get into a somewhat larger SUV. (I used to drive one of the mini-SUV's)

Quiet and comfortable ride, but still firm enough that it handles pretty well.

I'm 6'2", and I could use a bit more adjustability in the driver seat as far as legroom, but overall, I'm pleased with the comfort of the Highlander.

The Best Out There
By Matt Culpepper

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this vehicle, finally a great suv that doesn't feel like a truck. I could not be more pleased.

Smooth ride, good pick-up, great handling, extremely comfortable, nameplate quality guarantee.

More exterior body style.