2002 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Buy a Highlander!!
By Dewey on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car in the most comfortable and fun to drive automobile I have ever owned. All features are within easy reach.

owning the Highlander
By foozy8933 on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am now at 6 months ownership with the highlander. I find it one of the most enjoyable vehicles I have owned including luxury sedans. Power could be improved somewhat and milage is low. Otherwise a real gem. Performance in snow and ice is super. I will definitely get another in a year or so.

Wind noise
By l.macha on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle, but on windy days (15mph+) gross, howling wind noise when driving 70 mph into the wind. Too loud to hear radio. Toyota cannot come up with the cause.

A Highlander in NYC
By Len K on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Highlander. It's comfortable, convenient and reliable. The 6Cyl version has enough kick to get on to the BQE (or any other express way), but the 4 Cyl. needs more power. The ride is smooth even on unpaved roads and NYC beatup highways. Inconvenient elbow rests. They are too close to the driver's body and height is not adjustable. The cup holders without the center console can hold a 1 liter bottle, but the center console has small, inconvenient cup holders. The center console could be higher for more storage space and more functionality. The fog lamps switch (to the left of the steering wheel) is hard to see and use. I would reccomend it to anybody without any hesitation.

Best SUV I've owned
By davidm53 on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned Explorers (2), 4-Runner, Jeep, and GMC. The Highlander is by far the best one, based on the comfort and driveability. Toyota is right on by designing an SUV that drives like a car. When I get in my daughter's Explorer, it feels like I'm riding in a rough old buggy.

Love this vehicle
By PerspectiveMan on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We went to the Toyota dealership to test the legroom in the Tundra. Not only did my son not fit in the backseat, I did not fit well in the front seat. Well, long story short, we started to leave when my wife saw the Highlander at a price we liked. It turned out to be one of those "one and only" that dealers advertise, then sell the day before the ad comes out. Only -5- weeks old, but it has been a great vehicle. Quiet, roomy, and so far very economical. Was initially hesitant on the 4cyl but really have no complaints. Hard to call it an SUV, I think of it more as a tall station wagon.

Bruce Lee's Opinion
By bruce Lee on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Great Vehicle

Six Month Experience
By Ron on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable ride and driving experience. Really a car with SUV capabilites for bad weather and road conditions. Like the high ride with car feel. Would not reccommend for real off-road activites. has very nice cargo capacity for a SUV of its size. I really like the tight feel of the car and Toyota dependability.

Fun Purchase
By joyce Watterson on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Choosing a 4 cylinder gives me extrordinary pleasure: my purchase price was lower and now that gas prices are higher, I continue to save because I use less. I find very little loss of power when passing. The design was of prime importance and the reliability needed to equal its reputation. As a widow these were my top priorities and all have been met.

Solid SUV
By john543 on 03/18/02 15:01 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very Well built, no problems