Used 2002 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Highlander

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

great suv
By jim p

2002 Toyota Highlander 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

2 months -very happy

Favorite Features

snow mode in 4x2 came in handy

Suggested Improvements

more gadgets in the lower priced models

One Dependable Car
By REITdude

2002 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Though I've only owned my Highlander for 5 weeks, it feels longer because I spent so much time researching it (and other SUV's) and have learned so much about it. So far it has completely lived up to the expectations that were set by other HL owners.

Favorite Features

I like the large rear seat area, which makes it easy to get my 3 year old in and out of the car.

gret suv
By bobswomen

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I got my Highlander about 7 months ago and would not trade it for the world. We had tyr all the different types of suv and was not happy with one thing or another. We tested the Highlander back in December of 2001. we went back in May of 2002 and got one.This suv is one of the best.We got he the v6 2wd and agree that is one of the best v6 we have tested.. Love the Highlander

Favorite Features

Love the driver power window and the fold down backseat

Suggested Improvements

better cup holder for the fron seat.

18 month review
By Jimmy V

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, one of best, if not the best,new vehicles I've ever purchased (7 previous). The ride and quietness are top notch. recently, my wife & I transported her elderly aunt & uncle in the Highlander. They were truly impressed, and these are pretty selective individuals, as they have always had luxury vehicles. Her uncle couldn't get over the quiet, car like quality & comfort. I have, so far, (knock on wood) had no mechanical problems whatsoever. I've had only changed oil and rotated tires. p.s. it has also performed excellent during the early winter we've been getting in upstate NY.

Favorite Features

ride, quiet, smooth drivetrain, reliability

Suggested Improvements

front seat comfort, center console, 3rd seat would be nice, but, it probably means a larger vehicle. it would be nice to compare the Highlander to the new Honda Pilot.

AWESOME SUV
By V-MAN

2002 Toyota Highlander 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Test drive the six and the four cylinder. The six cylinder is definately the choice model. It has been about a year since i picked up the 2002 Highlander and it has been perfect. Smooth and powerful v-6, comfortable interior, great handling for Suv and good gas milelage. Everything you need is a mid-sized Suv.

Favorite Features

Excellent driveablity, good visability, and nice power. Drive better than my old Camry. Toyota did a great job on this Suv.

Suggested Improvements

none. (althought there is a loud (helicopter like-sound) when driver's window is down.