2002 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Excelent SUV
By cbardakjian on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had Pathfinder, but THIS is something else. You don't expect from exterior the quality of the ride nor the luxurios interior. Limited with leather and V6 is worth every penny, comfort, space and the drive feeling is a pleasure. I bought five new cars and a SUV in the past 18 years and four of them Toyota but is this TOP. Treat yourself...get one. No I'm not a salesmen, I'm a graphic artist. After all it is a TOYOTA. I wish domestic auto makers learn something and bring the honor and the excelence of auto making back to USA.

Comfort and Security, but....
By cageym on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Despite careful break-in period, good maintenance and conservative driving, the gas mileage is worse than anticipated. Otherwise the comforts are there, fit an finish great, and winter handling impressive.

A winner from Toyota
By garshir5 on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I were not happy with the downsized SUV offerings.... until (drum roll please) we decided to "upscale" a tad and try out the Highlander. Comfort and ride are in a whole different class than the aforementioned mini's and with our 2wd v6 drive base model equipped with fender flares, rear spoiler, bug deflector, roof rack, four-wheel discs, reese hitch/wiring, privacy glass, 8-way power seat, keyless entry, Steller alloy wheels, and a few other goodies - well - this baby was a like a glove fit for us. (I've added McNeil WeatherFlectors and taillight covers to "butch-up" the all white Highlander....so far).

Loaded Highlander Limited
By Tony B. on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have now had my 2002 Highlander Limited for 1 week and am absolutely impressed with the ride, build quality and performance of this car. Six months ago I traded our '99 Lexus RX300 for another car for my wife. The Highlander is our second car and I see many similarities between it and the RX300. This truely surpised me considering a new RX will cost around $40k and I paid invoice of $29k for my Highlander! I cannot say enough good things about the 2002 Highlander Limited!

A great Utility vehicle
By amukunda on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A really good blend of truck, car and minivan. Best suited for on-road use as a family hauler.

Pleased with Highlander
By Hans L. on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The more I drive this vehicle the more I like it. It took a little getting used to, since I drive 3 other vehicles. Overall I'm fully satisfied with my choice of getting the Highlander.

Drive the 4 cyl first
By Oakland Owner on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this SUV. I don't go off road and don't use 4WD. Most people who buy this type of vehicle will get 4WD and never use it. Don't bother. Also, test drive the 4 cyl first. You will be surprised at the power it has. The V6 is better but if you don't haul stuff and plan to get a 2WD, this will work. This is a car in an SUV's body.

It's the Best
By Garretttt on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great SUV, worth every penny!

GreatNewSUV
By DrivingHIGHlander on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I spent months looking for a new car & drove every SUV out there! Borrom line- it's hard to beat the Toyota reliability & the 'amount' of vehicle I could purchase for the price! Broguht my Highlander home & it seemed like I owned it forever. Controls are so functional --its just layed out logically. The ride is incredibly smooth , handling is great, and front seats are very comfortable. I drive the AWD 4 cyl- and the motor is not undersized as I thought it might be. It's got plenty of oommph when I need it. Great attention to detail! Vast amounts of cargo space in this one! Three adults fit great in the back seat too.

Gas mileage?
By donna on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I won a 99 RX300 and 01 Pathfinder.My husband is not very happy with the large blind spot or the gas mileage on the PF and wants to sell it and get possibly a Highlander.What is the mileage you owners are getting? What did you pay for a loaded Ltd edition? I'm in NY. Thanks.