2002 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Endless Rattling
By Highlander2002 on 05/27/07 12:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had bought this car used at a local dealership with 10k miles on it. After a few months, I had started to notice some minor rattling coming from the trunk area. I had brought it back to the dealership and they claimed to have replaced some clips. Still rattles. A few months later, I bought it to another dealership for the recall and again complained about the rattle. They added some foam, but the noise is still there. Over the years, more rattling started to appear from the dash and trunk. It's beginning to sound like my old 1984 Supra. At least the car is reliable. Hasn't broken down once.

An '02... 60K+... & still bulletproof.
By Chandler S on 07/25/06 10:01 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Replacing our '95 4Runner (purchased new) was our '02 Highlander (purchased new - 3.0l V6 4x2). Occupants appreciate the comfortable and plush interior. The Camry-based ride is tight and refined. The original 16" Goodyears were just replaced @ 60K (with same). Absolutely NO mechanical problems to date. An extremely sure-footed vehicle (further enhanced with VSC) in foul weather. Much easier to park/maneuver than a larger SUV. I would describe the exterior styling as modestly elegant. We experience 23 mpg in mixed driving, approaching 30 mpg hwy. Overall, an excellent value.

Super SUV
By CAROLINAS on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We wanted a SUV style vehicle to replace a Conversion Van. Researched SUV's for quality, design, ride. Also, talked to other with SUV's. The Highlander Limited came out ahead. I'm not into off road stuff so a "car-ish" rather than a "truck-ish" ride was, and has been, the best solution for me. My 2002 Highland was purchased used with a Toyota Used Car Certification check. Have had no problems and enjoy driving it in the city and on the highway. I'd do it all over again with Toyota.

Good Runner
By Geoff S on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A good running solid to the road feel vehicle with quite reasonable fuel economy. Why is there no power seat on the passenger side? No defect complaints. Driven a # of different Crossover type vehicles and this one beats them all in comfort and ride. The Big three needs to match this quality.

WOW! Was I impressed.
By Apollo_Johnw on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

If I go into all the items that I like about this car, you would think that I was working for the company. My job has me on the road a lot, so I see many driving conditions on and off the highway. Ride for the Highlander is fabulous. Road noise is kept to a minimum. Handling is excellent. Turning radius compares to a much smaller vehicle. Stereo in the Limited is wonderful for roadtrips or intown cruising. Seat positioning is outstanding for heights of 5'0-6'0. Rear legroom is incredible.

The Perfect Car!
By Pawdoc on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In 2001 I discovered the Toyota Sequoia, and I watched as it increased 10K in price in 14 mos. Then I found the Highlander. It is the perfect combination of truck, performance, reliability, safety, cargo, quality, and comfort available for the price. Expensive? Perhaps, but compared to EVERYTHING else its a steal. If you have 50K for a car, get a Sequoia, but if you have 50K, why not just get the Lexus! For the rest of us - Highlander!!

Would Recommend Highlander
By J David on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable and Reliable, would recommend a test drive.

Great Handler!
By rfrank on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The only problem I have is the sound system. It is the worst of the worst! My steering wheel was also off-center when driving down a straight stretch of road.

gret suv
By bobswomen on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I got my Highlander about 7 months ago and would not trade it for the world. We had tyr all the different types of suv and was not happy with one thing or another. We tested the Highlander back in December of 2001. we went back in May of 2002 and got one.This suv is one of the best.We got he the v6 2wd and agree that is one of the best v6 we have tested.. Love the Highlander

I love this car!
By osperr on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and I'm enjoying it immensely. It's very fun to drive - great transitions and breaking. Also, it holds everything!