Highlander is a very good SUV
By hammon44 on
2001 Toyota Highlander V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I have owned my Highlander Limited for almost 8 years and have put on about 90,000 miles. Purchased it at 33,000 miles. The SUV has been very good. It has been perfect for everything I've done in the last eight years including multiple cross country road trips and hauling stuff from the home depot. Even the roof rack have been very helpful. In 2002 the Limited edition had more features than I need from a car. Leather has held up very well. Very comfortable ride. Only one major repair needed. The SUV's computer failed three years ago. Cost over $1500 to get it replaced. Have had 4 sets of tires which is excessive but could be due to buying lower tier tires for the first 3 sets.
Favorite Features
Limited package was well worth the extra cost. Very comfortable ride even at 80 mph. CD Changer and sound system have been great. MPG is better than other comparable SUVs (average 20 MPG overall). Rear seats fold down nicely to create a lot of room for hauling. Very powerful engine.
Suggested Improvements
Small rust spots have developed near the grill and front of the hood. The paint/body could be improved in that area to prevent this rust since it is an area that is subjected to a lot of road debris.