2001 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
The Best
By harper on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had many autos over 40 years now including prior Toyota's, Mercedes and Cadillac's. This is the best auto by far I have ever had. Freinds really take to the Highlander.

HAPPY
By mrs go ahead on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Highlander is one year old this month. I cant think of any complaints other than the minor problem of the lousy cup holder placement for driver, drivers seat doesnt go back far enough, and the console area is wasted when the cup holder is in use, therefore my purse has to go in the back seat if the passenger seat is occupied. Oh, gas mileage could be a bit better in city. I really love the ride, look, and the fact that I have not had to return to the dealer for any problems, other than oil change. Highly reconmend the vehicle.

Wrong Vehicle
By Coxie on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I went from a Northstar engine to a 4- cylinder. What a mistake. Nice vehicle, but not what I had hoped it would be. Also too small.

Roomy, quiet and solid.
By ljs on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have the 4 cylinder.Plenty of power. Good gas mileage. Bought when gas prices were threatening to go to $3.00 a gallon in Texas. (Had wanted a 3- seatTahoe.) The Highlander is great. I've had a 4Runner and a Volvo 960 Wagon. The 4Runner was terribly uncomfortable on trips. The Volvo cost an arm and a leg in repairs once it was out of warranty. I have no complaints big about the Highlander. Kids love the "park bench" back seat. Just wish I could have a streched Highlander with a 3rd seat.

Toyota Highlander
By Trudy on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The ride overall is very comfortable due to the drivers electric controls. As a somewhat short woman the adjustments on the seat are extremely important to me. The car handles very well during emergency stops. I have had a few and was pleasently surprised at the amount of control I had.I love those ABS. And I can not forget to put in a good word for the roomy back seats. Better than many other suvs.

Great Vehicle, not sure about dealer...
By speedway66 on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Chose a FWD V6 model in granite blue, well-equipped but not "loaded". Only problem was a salesman who was clueless beyond belief. The price went up after we ordered, and we could never get a straight story on where the vehicle was or when we were getting it ("on a ship, on a train, on a truck, on a train..."). When we finally got it, we loved it. Only quality problem is an air leak around side rear window that 2 visits to the dealership still haven't fixed. Also,when rear windows are open (even slightly), it sounds like we're riding in a helicopter. Dealer said "they're all like that...close the windows and turn up the AC!"

First New Car
By FirstNewCar on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my first new car a few weeks ago and I am SO GLAD I chose a Highlander! You can't beat the smooth ride and easy handling of this vehicle. I highly recommend anyone looking at SUVs to take a look at the Highlander. You'll be glad you did!

need more A/C in Texas
By dphipps on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy the size and comfort of my highlander. BUT the thing I hate, no rear air. I have one child and another on the way not to mention we live in Texas. My child roasts in the back seat because the air isn't hitting her. Would it be that hard to put a vent in the back? I also am bothered by the noise when one window opens, intense pressure on your ears.

Goldie Enjoys Vintage Gold Highlander
By Goldie on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have driven since August 2001....have received numerous compliments on the styling and color of my 2WD 6cylinder Highlander....great handling and acceleration to go with decent gas mileage (19-24 mpg)....Wonderful visibility and elevated road view...The cabin is roomy and comfortable...There is an annoying wind pressure noise that occurs when only the back windows are open...vented rear window panels would eliminate this...good pricing (650 over invoice) for a great vehicle!

Great Car!
By Hoods on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! It rides like an Avalon. There is lots of back seat leg room.I drive in the snow a lot and it handles slick roads very well.I will definately lease a new one.