2001 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Best Car I have ever owned!!
By Liz in MD on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle after owning 2 previous Toyotas that I was very pleased with. This is my favorite Toyota YET!! I am constantly told what a comfortable vehicle the Highlander is by all of my passengers. I recently added a baby to the family and the carseat works so well. Other friends are always complaining about how difficult it is to get their carseat in correctly and how the front seat has no room once the babyseat is installed. I have NONE of these problems with the Highlander. I bought this car from Jerry's Toyota in Maryland and the dealership was so great to do business with.

MY CAR
By MRPAT on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

VERY NICE, HOPE TO GET A NEW ONE

RIDES LIKE A CAR, LOOKS LIKE AN SUV
By LBSmith on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It took me almost a year to chose this car, and for the most part, I couldn't be much happier. I am a little disappointed in the 4cyl gas mileage, but the convenience and looks of everything else makes up for it. I have had my Highlander for 2 years now and have never ahd a single warranty repair done on it. My only regret is that I did not splurge for the Limited package.

Love this Car
By JANICEDAWG on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought used Highlander last month. Got all bell and whistles for same price as 2003 base model, with only 8800 miles on it- Aloways wanted one since I departed from my 4-runner 2 years ago. Went to a sedan (hated it).

Best I've Owned So Far
By 56rascal on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We shopped around for an SUV or Van to tow our new tent trailer, and we looked at the Tribute, Pathfinder, XTerra, Liberty, Sienna, and possibly the Odyssey (which was selling above MSRP at the time). One night we came close to getting an offer on a Liberty, but to our great fortune the dealership wasn't seriously negociating. So we, on a lark, tried the Highlander, and I just about fell out the seat when I drove it. It was just out of our top price range, but there was no doubt about getting one. Within 24 hours we made a reasonable deal considering it was new to the market. Then within a week we took it on a 9,000 mile road trip around the US.

A Well-Thought-Out Car
By eas0905 on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Toyota Highlander for just over 2 years now and I am still finding added features. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. I'm the one who is always offering to drive everywhere because I love driving this car!

Good Purchase Decision
By GEW on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Ok, I have a daughter, I travel a lot in my vehicle and occasionally transport items like (furniture, tools, sports equipment, etc.)...this vehicle is perfect for my lifestyle. If you like sitting up higher (than a standard car), having some decent acceleration (if you're merging), incredible braking capabilities, want to transport little ones around town, or have an active lifestyle...this vehicle is for you. THIS IS NOT FOR TOWING!

Satisfied 2001 Highlander Limited Buyer
By Kenneth Haney on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wife is the primary driver of vehicle. 2nd Toyota to purchase. Previous vehicle was 1997 Toyota Camry LE.

Nice car poor audio
By fremont on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was actually looking for a nice station wagon when I bought my highlander. I am very happy that I made the right decision. It cost almost same as the VW Jetta station wagon. I got a much better car: bigger space, comfortable ride, excellent performance, good gas mileage, very reliable. Also, don't forget that it is a SUV, the hottest thing on the road.

Why no power passenger seat?
By davesalis on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Highlander SUV V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car as a dealer demo, so it is loaded with pretty much all options. The car runs and handles well. It is quiet, well-appointed, and reliable. Typical Toyota. The only complaint that I have is that no power passenger-side seat was available; c'mon, Toyota! This is a 30K car! Acceleration is brisk, handling is very good, especially given its high stance. It basically drives like a 4WD Avalon.