2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Review: Good but not like the Prius

2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Review

2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

Good but not like the Prius
By sergelbergeron on

2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought our new HH Limited 2011 before Christmas.
So about 6 weeks ago.
Drives very good - 8K millage just
9L/100KM which is not what the book says but I think that will come.
I am disappointed in many of the interior design.
We owned 2 Prius and many of the Steering controls that are in the Prius and found in the dash - a good stretch away from the driver.
I find the Smart key - proximity is not as good and often doesn't catch if I am coming from the rear side of the vehicle.
I have not found a lock button on the rear liftgate so I have to use my Smart Key or go to a side door.
The sound system is excellent - the cargo space is good but small features are absent

Big SUV with good milleage. Solid built - safety features in case of crash. Solid confortable ride with 6 passengers. Great sound system. Wiper blades have a de-ice system. Looks good.

Proximity key range limited. Back-up camera always dirty wet. Serious error omission - a Lock button is needed on rear liftgate. Small cargo holding areas could have small manual locks like rear in Prius. More useful buttons on driver steering wheel. Ex. I don't need temperature + - on sterring wheel - my temperature is set at 70 degrees but I could use the Defrost on-off. Big 19 inch wheels - cost too much for tires. Could use some pull up shades on sides like Honda Odessey has.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review