Good but not like the Prius
By sergelbergeron on
2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Just bought our new HH Limited 2011 before Christmas. So about 6 weeks ago. Drives very good - 8K millage just 9L/100KM which is not what the book says but I think that will come. I am disappointed in many of the interior design. We owned 2 Prius and many of the Steering controls that are in the Prius and found in the dash - a good stretch away from the driver. I find the Smart key - proximity is not as good and often doesn't catch if I am coming from the rear side of the vehicle. I have not found a lock button on the rear liftgate so I have to use my Smart Key or go to a side door. The sound system is excellent - the cargo space is good but small features are absent
Favorite Features
Big SUV with good milleage. Solid built - safety features in case of crash. Solid confortable ride with 6 passengers. Great sound system. Wiper blades have a de-ice system. Looks good.
Suggested Improvements
Proximity key range limited. Back-up camera always dirty wet. Serious error omission - a Lock button is needed on rear liftgate. Small cargo holding areas could have small manual locks like rear in Prius. More useful buttons on driver steering wheel. Ex. I don't need temperature + - on sterring wheel - my temperature is set at 70 degrees but I could use the Defrost on-off. Big 19 inch wheels - cost too much for tires. Could use some pull up shades on sides like Honda Odessey has.