2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
We needed a small SUV to haul rigid hull inflatable boats (typically less than 2000 lbs).
We had the 3500 lbs tow package installed (much nicer than aftermarket).
I wanted a hybrid because "peak oil" is real, I want to be able to keep driving and boating foryears to come :)
This is a technology wonder.
We love it.
We routinely take long trips for the business and nobody complains. Everyone is surprised how fast we get there although this is the first car I have ever own that I don't feel compelled to speed in.
It's trained me that I can get at destination roughly at the same time without speeding.
It's also trained me that fast starts are incredibly wasteful on gas. Easy to get 30 mp
Smart unlock feature, no need to find key.
Great fuel efficiency (if you avoid fast starts and accelerations)
Comfort of seats
MP3 CDs and USB input
Great seating arrangement for the back.
Nice sound system (I don't mind being in the car in traffic as people are burning up gas, I just enjoy nice music :)
Sound system and GPS automatically mutes when a call comes in.
Reclining back seats
- I almost didn't buy it because cheesy wood trim (same on Lexus).
I'm used to it now.
- Lock button for the back
- Electric heater for the colder times (engine has to warm up but that defeats the purpose of a hybrid).
- More USB charging ports and 12 v accessory plug (especially in the glove box between seats)
- Change the proprietary display with an Andriod based panel to have access to Google Maps and live traffic ! :)
- Have a Google Self-driving option - it would be great to have google drive this car?!
I'm ready now :)