Great commuter with flexible utility
By Dmitry on
2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've been eyeing and researching this vehicle for a while, and Toyota's recent financial incentives have finally made me buy it (was able to get 0% / 5 years). The experience (2 weeks now) has exceeded my expectations in almost every category. The only "downgrade" is less cargo space compared to an older van with removable seats I drove before. Daily drive: 80 miles (25 miles on town/arterial roads at 35/55 mph, and 55 miles on freeways at 60-70 mph). The average gas mileage on 3 tanks so far is at 25.5 mpg. Excellent commuter with utility flexibility; great for moving family of 4 with a large dog (German Shepard) with folded 3rd row. When grandparents come to visit, we all can still fit.
Favorite Features
Hybrid Drive: love knowing that energy is constantly transformed between kinetic and potential as necessary. Great acceleration dynamics; can propel SUV with 3 engines working simultaneously (1 Gas + 2 Electric). Other favorites: Smart key entry/start, EV mode, Phone integration, upscale interior.
Suggested Improvements
The Navigation graphics interface looks dated compared to the GPS on my cell phone (CoPilot). With 3rd seating row raised not much cargo space is left behind; wish it had the split option (only folds as a bench). Voice command system struggles with my accent and does not seem to be learning it :)