Used 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:

The Best SUV
By yngturk

2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had this vehicle 10 months now, and 20k miles. No complaints whatsoever. I average 27 MPG in warm weather, and 24 in cold weather. Previously owned Chevy Trailblazers which were solid vehicles, but averaged 17 MPG. The Highlander Hybrid is flawless. Comfort, performance, and build quality are as good as you can get. Fit and finish are perfect. This is an extremely solid vehicle. It's been totally reliable. This is my first Toyota, but I'm a believer in them, and in their hybrid technology.

Favorite Features

Hybrid drive, acceleration is a pleasant surprise, fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe offer more cargo tie-down hooks in the back. Other than that I can't think of a single one.

Traded A Chevy Trailblazer For This
By Rich Gimmel

Probably about my 20th car to own, but my first Toyota ever. Wasn't interested in the hybrid model until I saw it on the dealer's lot. Gas mileage averages about 25.5 mixed driving, compared to average of 18 for the 2007 Trailblazer that I traded. I'm impressed with the build quality, and marvel at the hybrid engineering. With some practice I can optimize gas mileage when I want. Very solid, reliable vehicle.

Favorite Features

Comfort, handling, acceleration. Stock radio is the best non-premium system I've seen in a vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Have a 12 volt outlet that stays hot when the ignition is off.

2010 Highlander Hybrid
By Ka

Fuel economy so far has been better than EPA estimate (29-30MPG mixed). The car is roomy and drives smoothly.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise. Better sound system in the base Hybrid.