2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Review: Navigation big disappointment

2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Review

Navigation big disappointment
By Don on

2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the navigation system and entered a destination only to find out a major interstate that opened in Nov. 07 is not included on the DVD. I have version 8.1 (the latest version). The navigation system sends me the wrong direction because there are no current updates. I have a $250.00 TomTom that is updatable on the internet and a much more useful tool than the $2000.00 navigation system from Toyota. The Sirius/XM is over priced from the dealer, I went online and found a $400.00 kit that I installed in 20 min. and works just like the OEM version.

Gas mileage beats my GMC Envoy Denali which got 15 MPG. I am averaging 26.5 with the AC on and 28 with the AC off. Very happy with these results.

Get online updates for the Navigation system, I complained to Toyota about this and they replied it could take 5 years to have I-355 (a major tollway in the Chicago area) appear on the DVD. I will have to buy the next version of the DVD when it comes out at a cost of $200.00 plus.