2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Review: Toyota Highlander

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Review

Toyota Highlander
By RICHARD12342 on

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought this vehicle because of a desire to do my part against OPEC and I needed a new one. The car started out with a mileage of 11.5 miles per gallon on the dash board computer. After approx 120 miles it is up to 22.5. So far I am disappointed because I am expecting to get the sticker mileage of 27 MPG. I was shocked and disappointed by the lack of luggage room when the fold away seats were unfolded. Folded there is plenty of room for stuff. I missed having my headlights turn on automatically when needed. I love the key less operation but because of the quietness I have gotten out of the car with the car still "running." roof needs protective strips to protect carrying baggage.

Hybrid although a large capacity hybrid battery would allow for more electric travel. Keyless operation is wonderful. Backup camera

Automatic headlight turn on. Needs a better owners manual made just for this car. Larger hybrid battery for longer electrical running.