2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Review: Nearly Perfect

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Review

Nearly Perfect
By JShue on

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

There's nothing bad to say. I'm getting great gas mileage for an SUV, 24-32 mpg. You have to pay attention to your driving style to get it though, no fast accelerating, etc. It handles really well for you non-sports car drivers. It's easy to drive, fun and very comfortable. Tons of room, head and legs, unless you are 6-2 and try to fit in the third row, although that still was better than any small car backseat I've been stuffed in. The standard features with the base model are good enough although mine came with the popular plus package which came with more features than I would have asked for. This vehicle was simply better than anything else I researched and/or test drove.

Comfortable, roomy, flexibility with 2nd-3rd rows, styling, power, fuel economy and reliability.

Ala-carte options, I have some that I don't really need and probably would have added a better stereo or something. No important improvements though.