More Than Expected
By Freemarket2010 on
2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Picked this up last month. Got it at invoice since the car market is slow and 2009 models are coming. VERY impressed with the car. Drove every hybrid out there and thought the RX400h would be the one but there is really no comparison between the two. The RX is an older, noisier, less luxurious ride than the Highlander and, interestingly, very few people realize that. That may change in 2010 with the new RXh. This Highlander really excels in many areas. Mileage around town has been 26.5 mpg-better than we read here. It is very quiet and the intelligence of the interior layout is impressive. This is my wife's car and she's coming from a Lexus LS430 Ultra and she is more than satisfied.
Favorite Features
Smart Key is very impressive. Locking and unlocking are easy and quick as is the start up of the car. The key hasn't left my or my wife's pocket yet. The visual displays are informative and easy to understand. Sound quality on the JBL is better than expected. The quietness of the cabin is very good.
Suggested Improvements
Any more luxury features would compete too directly with Lexus. If you put your foot into it with ECON off, this machine goes... a little more horses, however, wouldn't hurt my feelings. Cars generally disappoint me but this is an impressive vehicle thus far.