2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 3.3L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Mine's not Quiet

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV - Consumer Review

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Mine's not Quiet
By Karen on

After a year of research and test driving various SUVs and crossovers we settled on the HH and decided to order exactly what we wanted. We had test driven several HH and other hybrids and all were quiet, but none impressed us like the HH. When our HH came in we were excited. It was beautiful and had everything we wanted, except for the NOISE! When we brake to slow down it sounds like a jet engine winding down. It also has a click. We were expecting the quiet we had experienced with the other HHs we drove, but were greatly disappointed. The dealership has told us that some hybrids have that noise more than others - it is normal. I won't order again. I buy what I test drive on the lot.

Favorite Features

Love the comfort of the vehicle and the solid feel of the car. This is perfect for just my husband and me during the week, but has enough room for when our grandsons are with us on vacation. Gas mileage after 2 tanks is about 26 MPG. Power liftgate, stow and go seat.

Suggested Improvements

Make all of the HHs quiet. Split third row seats. Memory seats. Lower price.