A reliable and fuel efficient SUV
By Scott on
2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I bought this hybrid after months of research. I actually sold my 05 highlander as I wanted the fuel efficiency. The interior is great as well as the outside design. A family of 7 fits comfortably with limited luggage or 5 with ample cargo room too. I love driving my Toyota as it cruises on batteries only. I have snuck up on many people this way. My only gripes are two: the rear 3rd row seats are hard to get into and the Battery only button is nearly worthless. You can drive on battery only if you don't floor the accelerator. Overall a great SUV to pick up used. No problems at all. I average 25 MPG in the city and about 23-25 on the freeway. I do hate one thing, the navigation system.
Favorite Features
Fuel efficient, lots of features in side like heated seats, and a very comfortable ride.
Suggested Improvements
Lose the button to run on battery only, the navigation system needs a Macintosh designer to make it more friendly. It was created by someone who is obviously a tech geek and not interested in user friendly controls.