Love the car-highly recommend
By ozziecookie on
2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
We purchased this 3 year old 2008 Highlander Hybrid 3 months ago and we could not be happier with it. It drives very well with excellent pick up. With time we have gotten familiar w/ the car and what it "likes". For example, on the highway, there are certain speeds-62 and 66, that it uses the electric power. Also, we are all driving less heavily on the pedal. It probably is good training to drive any car more efficiently. Overall, we get average 25 mpg. I am the main driver of the car. I use it to drive my son to school and back each day and after school lessons for both kids. My husband drives it occasionally and he loves it too. Whenever I am not using it, he uses it.
Favorite Features
The Highlander is very comfortable. All the seats feel supportive and cushiony. As the main driver of the car, my back and neck pain from driving former car (2000 Odyssey-van) have completely disappeared. My kids (13 and 15) love the speakers-which are high quality. There is enough room if we raise the third seat for big teens to feel comfortable. The trunk space (with the third seat down) is roomy. Not as roomy as the mini van we had for 10 years though. But, I like this car better in every other way. I love that it is a very safe car and that it is a hybrid-better on gas consumption and pollution.