2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Review: Disappointed

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

Disappointed
By searching15 on

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought our HH new in 2008. We have replaced the 12v battery 3 times, replaced tires twice, and now have the car at the dealership for the 5th visit related to fueling issues - mainly that I can no longer fuel my HH. The car has been in for recalls 5 times, and the customer service at 5 dealerships has been seriously lacking if not all together absent. Definitely a lemon, and we have owned 3 other Toyota's without reliability issues, but the experience with this vehicle has left us disappointed and we will certainly not be purchasing another Toyota.

3rd row seating, safety

Better tires - the low tread to help with gas mileage means replacing tires more often so the money you save on gas, you will spend on new tires. 12V battery - from forums I have read, the specs for the battery they provide for this car is insufficient. Replacing the battery 3 times in 6 years is absurd.
By mjdagr8
on 01/31/14 11:47 AM (PST)

I notice you give the reliability of this car a one star but your review is about the poor tires and the car battery. Neither one of these things have anything to do with the actual car. I have also replaced my battery 2 times however that's due to me using my radio while the car is off and purchasing cheaper batteries. Same goes for the tires. Replacing tires has nothing to do with the car. It's the driving style and habits of the driver and how much mileage and strain you put on the tires. Also, the quality of tires you purchase. Additionally, your bad review of Toyota service has nothing to do with this particular car but the people you dealt with at the dealership. Your review doesn't cover the actual car but your experience with Toyota as a company and you should leave negative reviews for the tire brand and battery brand you purchased NOT the Highlander.