2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:
Just had it less than a month
By HybridBuyer on 11/14/07 13:42 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We replaced a 4Runner with this car. We really like the third row of seats. The car is extremely solid and a pleasure to drive. The seats are very comfortable. It is overall a very well-designed vehicle.

New owner
By Monte521 on 11/13/07 20:06 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the 2008 Highlander Hybrid for only a short time so there are some items I cannot yet address. The car is very comfortable and quiet. Handling is good, but I have not yet had an opportunity to test it in harder driving (twisting roads, etc.). It is much larger, inside and out, than the 2007 model. The biggest shortcoming is rear visibility. The rear window is so darkly tinted that nothing can be seen when backing in the dark. (Obviously, the rear camera helps a lot in this case.) The second is the ugly color choices. I was able to purchase it for a few hunderd dollars under list.

2008 Highlander Hybrid a success
By TLB on 11/10/07 07:52 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Highlander Hybrid is almost everything we hoped for, typical Toyota near perfect fit and finish. Mileage is averaging 25 after 1st 1200 miles. High tank on Oregon Coast trip of 29 MPG, low tank MPG 23. My experience with hilly areas with any hybrid CVT produce lower mileage figures and holds true with the Highlander. I have owned Escape, Prius and Civic hybrids with this being smoothest drive train transition of any hybrid. Decision between RX 400 and waiting for Highlander has been good one. More room and seating configurations, better mileage.

Finally, a 2008 HiHy!
By BanditoB on 11/06/07 11:08 AM (PST)

I was fortunate in finding a 2008 Highlander Hybrid Limited in one of the colors that I wanted, Iced Amethyst Mica, and equipped the way I wanted it, everything but Nav and RES, that wasn't either special ordered for someone or already claimed! I picked it up last night, so it's a little early to make any firm commitments about anything, but so far we're off to a great start. I've not noticed any build or fit and finish issues and I am pretty meticulous about these things. Driving it is a pleasure and makes me intensely curious about what, exactly, is going on 'under the hood.' This will be a vehicle that's fun to drive and will also keep me intrigued for a long time to come.

It rocks
By Danielle on 11/02/07 11:58 AM (PDT)

I love this car. Everything is right where it should be. It is comfortable and luxurious, especially for a Toyota. Way nicer, bigger and more features than the Lexus 400h. The only complaint is the price tag.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.