2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:
Very Nice Vehicle
By Todd on 03/29/08 10:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A very good overall vehicle. Has a great ride, is unusually quiet, and has good engine performance. A solid all-around in-town car that can also go out on the open road. Good leg room and head room for four 6'+ adults/kids and still have room for your stuff or more little ones. We like the exterior look, but have to admit the hybrid drive is the wow factor. Friends will all want a ride and will ask a ton of questions about it. MPG is within the ranges listed.

2008 highlander hybrid
By nathan on 03/26/08 07:44 AM (PDT)

For a full sized SUV - it's amazing. The limited edition is full of all the extras. A lot of the same stuff that others are posting here. It's not advertised for "offroad", but then neither was my truck.

Overall Very Happy
By sidk on 03/23/08 02:07 AM (PDT)

I actually bought this for my wife, but have been hogging it. The fit and finish is top notch and the car delivers a tight, smooth ride. Gas mileage in the mid-20s, which isn't great, but good enough to still feel superior that I'm driving a hybrid :)

Drive to Save
By Patrick Hoffman on 03/20/08 09:09 AM (PDT)

The thing that makes the 2008 Highlander Hybrid is the gas electric meter so you can monitor your gas/electric use. Very fun and a great way to max out the MPG.

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Ltd.
By toyohh08 on 03/17/08 15:57 PM (PDT)

We bought a 2008 HH AWD (iced amethyst mica) fully loaded except for navi. We are very happy with it! Fun to drive, good performance and comfort. We love this car.Our average mpg is about 24-27 mpg, I think it will improve this summer. Our worst mpg was 22 mpg, best was 28 mpg.

Green is Good!
By Mary on 03/08/08 06:14 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've wanted a hybrid for a couple of years. Giving up my Montero was tough - it had great style and fit my large family well, but the Earth's needs came first so I bought the HiHy. We are more cramped than we used to be but we are very comfortable. The ride is much more like a luxury car. I find that I drive with a more relaxed style now since I can see on the display how I'm using the engine (EV, EV-assist or gas). The roofrack is adjustable so our topper for our camping gear and my kayak will fit nicely. My absolute only complaint, and it's minor: it's got no style. But I'll take 'not much to look at' for the super low emissions and the comfort. I'm very pleased with it.

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Ltd.
By Tomas Corlette on 02/26/08 19:11 PM (PST)

We traded our 2005 Highlander Limited with 65,000 miles for an '08 Highlander Hybrid and went from average 21 mpg to average 26 mpg, more performance, more room and comfort. It wasn't cheap and we expect to keep it past 100,000 miles. We were not impressed that the new Limited didn't include roof rack crossbars ($200) or door side moldings($180). The rear-seat-floor battery vents must not be blocked and that removes some room when we pack the car for long trips.

Awesome suv
By Jonathan on 02/22/08 15:10 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just got it about two weeks ago. I have previously owned a 2005 Camry and I traded in my 2007 Rav4 for this one. Oh boy this was the best decision I made, this SUV is a combination of a sedan and the styling of a Crossover. Definitely eye-catching and stunning on the road, and the ride is astounding. Toyota made a hit! Mileage is reasonable considering the size and the options. This SUV is incomparable to anything in its class.

As good as it gets
By jniska on 02/11/08 07:36 AM (PST)

This vehicle is just about perfect. Ride is great, driving dynamics are good for a bigger SUV, and the mileage for a vehicle this size is outstanding. We test drove the Escape Hybrid and it falls way short of the Highlander in comfort, and overall driving feel. This car is the perfect compliment to our Prius. Not only do you we get over 26 MPG, the car can seat 7 and tow 3500 pounds. I don't know of any other vehicle that can do that. We typically trade in our cars every few years, but this one is going to stay for quite a while, or at least until Toyota comes out with a plug in model.

Very Happy
By Ohio Driver on 02/06/08 05:29 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned my 08 Highlander Hybrid for just 5 days but I am very happy. I am a discerning consumer and I researched and thought about thiw vehicle for 5 months before purchasing. I have owned Toyotas for 23 years and this is the best out of the gate. It is actually smoother and quieter than I expected and rivals my Avalon - BUT the pick-up power is till great!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.