08 HH
By rtower on
2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Highway mileage is great, 28 mpg at 70+ mph. We live at the top of a hill, + 650' over the valley where we shop and work; so my town driving isn't great, around 21 mpg, but 10+ mpg over the Yukon I had before at the same run. My major issue at the moment is the big tires on the Ltd edition, Toyo 245- 55-19, are a problem as I can't find chains to fit. With freezing rain over snow, chains are required on all roadways. The Toyo tires are just OK on the ice & snow, but I can't get any of the excellent Michelin X-type tires to fit the wheels. Comfort is pretty good, but I miss the roomyness and soft leather of my old Yukon Denali, woos, I'll make due. Overall, quite satisfied with the HH.
Favorite Features
The hybrid system works well and the highway and flatland mileage is good. The third seat is clever and has come in handy while staying out of the way, much better than the Denali. Not an off-road rig, but then neither was the Yukon. Good turning radius and reasonable handling under geeser demands.
Suggested Improvements
Still thinking about this one. The owners manual says to put chains on the front wheels, now to find chains that will work, I'm worried about some close tolerance between the tire and the strut if I can find chains to fit. Still evaluating overall. Plenty of power.