2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Review: '08 Highlander Hybrid Ltd. w/

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV - Consumer Review

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV

'08 Highlander Hybrid Ltd. w/ Nav
By Bill of CA on

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Coming out of a '00 Lexus RX300, I tend to compare the Highlander w/ that SUV. The driving position is not as comfortable as I can't rest my elbows on either armrests when I'm driving. The rest of the SUV is good for hauling my family of 5 around town. DVD system w/ wireless headsets is great b/c I can listen to my music while the kids watch their Cartoons. The Nav works OK, but sometimes it sends me in circles. The 2nd row configuration is what sold me on this SUV; it gets you close to what a minivan can do. It misses the minivan in cargo space aft the 3rd row-it's just enough for a folded Combi single stroller, but not much more. It makes up by getting better MPG than the minivan-at a cost.

2nd row configuration. 3rd row big enough for sub-teens. JBL sound is worth the extra $. Hybrid yields about 25.6 mpg with 10% city/90% hwy; avg. 65-75 mph on hwy. Rear camera on Nav screen is great.

No park assist in front bumper. Rear zone AC should be std. No built in sun visors in doors. Optional air suspension. Switch to Lithium based batteries (instead of Nickle based).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review