2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Review: Thumbs Up

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Review

By Ivy on

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My job requires that I drive every day anywhere from 10 to 30 miles one way. I'm getting 27.5 mpg compared to the 14 from my previous SUV. That's both highway and city driving. I'm hoping to increase mpg slowly. That being said, so far my HH has been great. Happy that I don't visit the gasoline station as often as before. Quiet ride, love it that the car engine is on (electric) and isn't using up gas. Don't notice the change from gas to electric anymore. Maybe it got better or I just don't notice. Smooth ride and great handling. The little plus is that I'm not putting out any "greenhouse gases" as one reviewer put it. This puts a smile on my face.

I really like the lumbar support on the driver side seat. Tons of storage, plenty of cup holders. Love my sunroof, cd player and radio controls on the steering wheel, awesome. Oh, my sunglass holder and my homelink buttons, can't forget those are all nice as well. Oil changes every 5,000 miles.

The only improvement would be the blind spot on the driver side. Purchased a little round mirror and attached it to the side mirror to correct that situation. Hopefully in the future, with technology improving, the price to purchase a hybrid would be more reasonable and affordable to everyone.