Last of the 07s
By Thundarr on
2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I had a hard time finding a Limited Edition AWD and had to settle for a FWD and put in my own Nav system. I am very pleasantly surprised with the vehicle and how fun it is to drive. The side mirrors give great visibility and I put a rear camera on the Pioneer Nav system I bought to cover directly behind the vehicle for backing up and parking. I looked around for a hybrid for my family and this is the best of the 07s. The 08s looked nicer but I didn't think I could get it in my garage and the hybrid wasn't going to be out till October and I wanted to catch the last $650 in tax credits which expire end of Sept for Toyota. Very pleased.
Favorite Features
Definitely the seats. These are the only ones that could compare with my 300M car seats. Although no memory settings. The car rides great handles well for an SUV. You almost forget you are driving on the freeway with the cruise control on.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage and you sure didn't need to make it bigger for 08. I would have probably bought a Rav4 hybrid if it would have been available but I don't know if it would have ridden as nicely as the HH. Make more hybrids! It sure was hard finding a Hybrid Limited AWD.