2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Review: Women should be aware of relia

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Review

Women should be aware of reliability
By Susan S on

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The battery in this car is not sufficient. The battery dies after being left for 5+ days. Always have to get a jump when left at the airport (dark at night in the parking lot). Battery died in an under ground parking lot when I got in, turned int.lights on and tried to put my next destination into the GPS.Did not have enough juice to turn over the engine. Last time I was in the pouring rain at a track meet and within 5 minutes having the radio going and the heater on, the car just powered down. Left stranded again. I am now scarred to drive this car as being stranded is always in the back of my mind. I have to park with the front facing out on trips,beg shuttle guy to give boost when let out

Favorite Features

Peppy and stable in snow especially with studs. Do not use 3rd row as the kids complain about it being too small. When I called service about the battery they told me that is how the car is made. I am telling you, for safety reasons, stay away from this car!!!

Suggested Improvements

Let customers know the problem when leaving this car for an extended period. Should be a gauge to indicate life of the battery before it powers down the car.