Used 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:

Improvements and towing
By Gene

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I tried to find a backup camera with no results, If toyota would retrofit the 2007 for a reasonable cost it would be great. They need to do something about the noise when you open the rear windows, the vehicle make a noise that is extremely hard on the ears.

I like the GPS but I want a backup camera to work with it and better updates. It was out of date the day I got it.

As for towing, I towed a 5X8 Uhaul about 2000 miles and averaged 17.5 MPG going up and down hills with no loss of power from West to east on I40, pretty good I think.

Love my Yota
By Phyllis Conrad

This is my first experience with a hybrid and I was somewhat apprehensive. My first year has been a wonderful experience. I did need to adjust some of my driving habits. My determination for decent gas mileage keeps me on my toes and attuned to the workings of the hybrid motor. So far I am very pleased and would go hybrid again.

Highlander 2wd
By gracie

Purchased at dealer in MD. Drove 315 miles home. 1/3 interstate @ 70 mph 27 mpg and 2/3 country roads @ 55 mph 30 mpg. Since city/ highway 29 mpg and interstate 70 mph 28 mpg. Good ride and acceleration. Looking to tow 2500lb boat.

Ride, towing capacity, hybrid.

Tow hitch, plug in.

Quick, efficient & comfortable car
By M. J. McCloskey

I've had my HH Limited w/nav for about a month. Very good build quality, comfortable, quiet and quick w/good MPG. Getting nearly 30 mpg combined. Like that the ICE runs only when necessary saving fuel. The stealth styling blends in but surprises other drivers when I press the go pedal - car moves out very smartly!

Fit & finish, split-spoke wheels, chrome grille and rear license plate garnish. Looks a bit more upscale than regular Highlander. Oh yeah - the go pedal!

Tilt-telescope wheel, power rear liftgate, power seat that doesn't move forward when you raise it up. More seat travel - memory seat/wheel that moves away when you enter, then returns to 'driving' position.

Content
By 1st Time Toyota

I'm pretty content with the HiHy limited. Our gas mileage is around 26.5 city, and 28 highway. Short trips seem to reduce the MPG. Wife loves the nav, SUV visibility, and fuel savings. I like the torque. The captains chair armrest is not very comfortable - it needs more padding. Also, we have to take ours in for a speaker wiring issue. Being car based, the SUV feels light and nimble, unlike others we test drove that were more body on frame based.

Whisper quiet electronic drive.

More padding in captains chair fold down armrest!