2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:
Excellent car except for start battery
By hallett1 on 06/20/14 11:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I use this car for everything including towing a 2,000 lb Casita trailer. I have driven several times the length of Baja California with the trailer. The car tows the trailer very well, and there is plenty of power for towing on steep, prolonged mountain passes or for passing. You hardly know the trailer is there. Towing or not, the car consistently gets several MPG better than my former Honda 2004 Odyssey. However, note that MPG GOES DOWN VERY FAST AS YOU INCREASE HIGHWAY SPEED OVER 65 MPH, as you would expect due to wind/tire resistance. The car handles extremely well, great suspension. The only problem encountered is with the small start battery, which frequently goes dead.

Last of the 07s
By Thundarr on 08/07/07 13:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a hard time finding a Limited Edition AWD and had to settle for a FWD and put in my own Nav system. I am very pleasantly surprised with the vehicle and how fun it is to drive. The side mirrors give great visibility and I put a rear camera on the Pioneer Nav system I bought to cover directly behind the vehicle for backing up and parking. I looked around for a hybrid for my family and this is the best of the 07s. The 08s looked nicer but I didn't think I could get it in my garage and the hybrid wasn't going to be out till October and I wanted to catch the last $650 in tax credits which expire end of Sept for Toyota. Very pleased.

It could be better
By Richard on 06/12/07 17:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, it is a very nice car. This is the second hybrid I bought this year, my first was a Ford Escape. The power of the HH far exceeds the Ford, but it cost you 6-7 mpg. The HH is more spacious and I am confident the resale will be better, but I do enjoy driving the Ford more than the HH.

2007 Toyota HH
By utahsteve1 on 11/26/06 19:46 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just purchased a new 2007 hybrid Highlander and broke it in over the holiday weekend. Drove approximately 1350 total miles. First 800: varied speed from 45-70 on 2 lane highway with lots of hills in rural areas. Averaged 29.1 by the dispaly and on paper. Second 550: set cruise control at 70 on interstate and averaged 28.7. This seems good to me. Vehicle is very comfortable over long distances and seriously quiet. Rides nicely and handles well. Have not used AC but heater seems to work well. Am very happy with my purchase and hope that with increased mileage that the gas economy will improve.

Following first long trip
By Dave on 11/25/06 08:24 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Took my first road trip of about 500 milies and was mildly disappointed with the fuel economy (25 MPG - highway). Although only 2 MPG under the advertised 27, I drove very carefully and tried to eke out as much electric motor driving as I could. I have come to the conclusion that this is not an "econo-box" but simply a performance vehicle that gets the economy of a 4-cyl with the umph of an 8. Fun to drive, great pick-up, and comfy. A real step up from my Subaru Outback. If given the choice all over again, however, I would opt for the non-hybrid 6 and spend the extra cash on a 4wd, an upgraded Limited, and other accessories.

Oh what a feeling, Toyota!
By Horse country on 10/26/06 08:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have truly enjoyed the short time we’ve driven the hybrid. Hard to get used to the lack of engine noise when at idle. Surprising performance when needed and the ride is as good or better than any sedan. Even though it is a five year lease, you can not use the tax advantage. An IRS limitation, not Toyota.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.