2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Review: Unexpected power in for a Gree

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

Unexpected power in for a Green SUV
By Steve R on

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My ONLY complaint is headroom for tall adults in the back and passenger seats. I am used to a truck with greater headroom. I have friends over 6'4 who found the more elevated passenger seat and back seat head clearence a little cramped. I often pulse and cruise - get 29-30mpg around town. It has better pickup than our accord and is quality wise the very best vehicle we have owned. Given, the Tundra WAS Alot more fun off road. I recommend vehicle. Oh one other minor flaw, sunroof and window noise is a problem when openned and you have to adjust them when exceeding 30 mph to stop a annoying wind vibration. Again minor when all the advantages of this vehicle are considered.

Favorite Features

The power from start, the handling and the great gas mileage make this great for around town the roomy back makes it great for camping.

Suggested Improvements

even more passenger headroom, balance open sunroof vibration from windows somehow. This is a technological marvel in most respects and an amazing vehicle, I have to nitpick to really come up with suggestions.