2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 3.3L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Great choice for me

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Review

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Base 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

Great choice for me
By Curt on

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my hybrid. It has the power of a 4 liter V-8, the economy of a smaller car, the reliability of Toyota and can move people and cargo comfortably. I am getting 27 mpg in combined driving. I like to feel the power so I am not always driving for economy. I have the base model and added a navigation system and rear back up camera manufactured by Eclipse. They make the navigation system that is in my Lexus. The HIHY has all of the saftey features that I want in a vehicle. I am enjoying it and will keep it for a long time.

Favorite Features

I appreciate the extra power that comes with the hybrid. I really don't need that extra power but it is fun to have. The seats a comfortable and the ride is smooth.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see power controls for the base model for the passenger seat with power lumbar and a self dimming rear view mirror. I don't want to go the Limited for those two things. I'm being really picky here. The HIHY is almost perfect.