2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Review: Going Green Is So Much Fun!

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Going Green Is So Much Fun!
By dvs8866 on

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only had my hybrid for a week, so maybe it's a little early to write a review, but I couldn't wait another week. I've test driven several and was pleasantly surprised that they do have more giddy-up than I originally thought. This car beats my Jeep Liberty by miles in every aspect. There's more room for my two boys to spread out, the gas mileage is almost double (I'm in sales and this was the main reason for my turning green), the third row seat is a bonus for baseball season, and it's just a head turner.

I can't help but smile when the engine turns off and my friends think it's stalled. I've actually taken pictures of the MPG on the odometer and text messaged it to friends! More than enough cupholders for everyone. Tons of storage areas. Smoothest ride I've ever been in.

Picky, but the armrests are a little low for my taste. I wish the satellite radio had been integrated into the sound system. I'm getting aftermarket Sirius installed and there's really no good place to put it on the dash.