Almost got killed in my hybrid
By myraferr on
2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
These hybrid are in the baby stages, there are a lot of serious problems with the hybrid system components, these vehicles are death traps, they can stall on you and shut down without any warning doing 70 mph, no power, no steering, no brakes almost got killed by a semi on the freeway. I'm talking to a lawyer, it's happening to others in other states, they are very expensive to fix, 14,000 dollars that's what my dealer wants to fix, they are nuts a four year old car, needing such expensive repairs, my last hybrid, or Toyota, and yes they say they are warrantied, but a warranty is only good if they will fix it and Toyota won't.
Favorite Features
None
Suggested Improvements
i feel like a lab rat for Toyota, they need to be recalled and stop making them because there are serious safety issues.
By luck4me1
on 09/28/12 10:50 AM (PDT)

On the other hand I was saved from sure death last week due to the design and safety features in my 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I was involved in a serious head-on collision which totalled the car but I came out of it with only a broken ankle and hand. The car absorbed the impact.. the trunk bowed.. it was a miracle. I will be forever grateful to Toyota.