2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:
Highlander
By Herb Hagmann on 06/29/05 16:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Best suv I ever drove, including my former Ford Escape Hybrid

Worth every Penny
By Hybridgirl on 06/28/05 22:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I truly love driving this vehicle. I have the acceleration needed combined with awesome gas mileage. I am averaging 27-28 mpg mainly highway miles. It is very spacious except for the 3rd row seat. It handles fairly well especially for a SUV.

First one in town!
By M.K. on 06/28/05 20:04 PM (PDT)

Waited six months, but first week is great!!! 1000 miles in 9 days! 26 miles on road with air.

'No Sacrifices for Efficiency
By ECH on 06/25/05 11:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This hybrid performs. The HyHi has amazing acceleration and a wonderful ride. It drives and handles well and is "Green" at the same time. Nothing is sacrificed for fuel efficiency and clean air. Everyone wants to know where you plug it in... you don't plug it in anywhere, its intelligence recharges the batteries while you are driving. This is our second hybrid vehicle from Toyota and they are both fantastic.

THE NEXT GENERATION
By 4WHEELGUY on 06/19/05 10:22 AM (PDT)

Overall this unit has it all (within reason). It drives nice and is very comfortable for the long hauls. Mileage so far as been impressive and it is extremely quiet. So far it has been a very positive purchase.

Enviromentally friendly AND fun!
By Nancy on 06/16/05 17:38 PM (PDT)

We have bought Toyotas before, but never and SUV. THe price is the ONLY thing that has given us pause so far, everything else has been great. WOuld highly recommend this vehicle, but recommend waiting for the price to go down.

Hybrid Happy
By Betty L on 06/14/05 20:31 PM (PDT)

I still find it hard to believe I am already driving an SUV Hybrid. With the release date being June 2005, the best I hoped for was the end of June, and realistically, I didn't expect to be in one until the end of the year. My only hope was that my Avelon, with 120,000 miles held out until I was able to purchase the Hylander Hybrid. Much to my surprise, I got the call from the dealership the day they got their first Hilander Hybrid, and it was exactly what I wanted, Limited Edition, color, etc. 400 miles later I am very pleased with it. It's getting about 23 miles/gallon with city driving, and it's a very quiet and comfortable ride. I highly recommend it!!!

Love it
By N. on 06/12/05 00:13 AM (PDT)

I can't speak to reliability, as I have had the car less than a month. However, I've tested in various conditions (not in snow yet), and I love it so far. The ride is comfortable, it's incredibly smooth and quiet (luxurious feel), and the interior space and layout is very user friendly. It gets more than double the gas mileage of my last car (a Ford Explorer), yet is nearly the same size. The visibility is good, and I recommend the navigation system/ computer. The seats are the most comfortable I've ever had in a car--and even the back seats adjust forward and backward. This car also has a third row seat, though I wouldn't use it regularly (it's small.) VERY happy with it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.