2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:
OWNING ONE MAKES YOU------
By joe540ci on 10/17/05 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Makes you learn and understand how cool a hybrid is. You start driveing different to get better mileage (braking sooner and lighter to recover energy, etc). You start looking for articles about your hybrid. Wonder if a bigger after market battery is available to boost the mileage higher. After 3800 miles I've gon from 24 mpg to an average of 27+mpg. I just can"t see not ever buying a non-hybrid again.

Toyota is definitely moving forward
By Brian Chaney on 10/10/05 00:13 AM (PDT)

I love everything about this SUV. The fuel economy, the quiet smooth ride, the seating capacity, the quality of build. The only thing I think Toyota is missing is a little better turning performance around turns. Other than that I LOVE this car.

2006 hybrid highlander
By michael blair on 10/07/05 23:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am getting 33 miles to the gallon and I am not trying very hard yet because this automobile is a thrill to drive. I have a 05 Prius that I am getting 60 mpg and that is a lot of effort. The mileage, the clean burning, and the fact I have a new vehicle that is worth more than I paid for it, I have to pinch myself every time I get behind the wheel of both of these technological wonders. Iím not going to go into detail about the fact I have been researching these vehicles for a year now, I just canít believe there are still so many skeptics. Toyota has been working on this technology 40 yrs. these cars are worth every penny, and will be the most dependable car you have ever owned. It is the future!!!

Pleased
By IAGasman on 10/07/05 23:05 PM (PDT)

We've put 700 miles on our Highlander Hybrid Limited, and we're really enjoying it! We've averaged 25 MPG thus far in mixed city/hwy driving. I think my driving style has been modified in response to the instant feedback supplied (is the power from electric or gas?) Fit and finish are perfect. Overall, an excellent purchase!

Power Without The Guilt
By FlipNHybrid on 10/02/05 02:13 AM (PDT)

I love this vehicle. Takes off like a rocket, yet doesn't guzzle gas like its competitors. Surprisingly, my gas mileage seems to be increasing with time. And I'm not alone; check out the posts in the Highlander Hybrid forum. My friend, who's 6' 4", finds both the front and second row seats comfortable. He's driven the HH on our long commutes to work, and he doesn't have any problems with the seating nor the pedal layout.

Solid SUV & Car
By Best SUV. on 09/28/05 13:26 PM (PDT)

The car is fun to drive in or out of the city. I've driven 2000 miles and have averaged 27MPG. People that say they are getting 19MPG probably are getting 10MPG with the standard SUV. If you keep flooring it, then the big 6cyl kicks in. You have to drive smart. Great comfortable interior, power, and quiet engine. Great navigation system & love the heated seat, back room, and trunk space. I look forward to driving it everyday!

Great alternative in a Hybrid SUV
By Michael on 09/28/05 13:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this Highlander Hybrid SUV over Labor Day Weekend. Still have 1/4 tank of gas! Would have filled the CR-V twice now! Great alternative, and the look, performance and features are terrific, a great buy!

jason's hybrid
By Jason on 09/27/05 23:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is strange driving such a quite car. also no shifting is amazing. this car is qick of the line. when driving in slow traffic it only uses the batter power. great for traffic jams.

Great Purchase
By howie29 on 09/23/05 14:04 PM (PDT)

A bit pricey, but rides great and I have gotten 30 mpg in traffic conditions if I drive it easy. Mpg drops to mid 20s during hard and highway driving. Love this vehicle except for the price.

save the planet
By rachel Darnell on 09/22/05 02:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Why talk the talk if you cann't walk the walk. The performance is fabulous. If your work or life style prohibits having a small car- this "muscle" hybrid is the only way to go. You can save on gas and pile your suv to the gills with stuff and still get around in rough terraine. Put your money where your mouth is.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.