2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Well built suv
By ibali

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Leased it for 18 months, not one problem!! Not one. Only complaint is back seat space is limited; not for 6 foot adults! Amazing in snow, very comfortable front seats.

Ride is very comfortable for an suv (on a truck chassis).

Back seat leg room.

FJ 2014 Ride is EXCELLENT!
By smokingjoe787

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven a used 2007 FJ Cruiser and it just wasn't as tight as my FJ 2014. In both cases the ride was soft & comfortable. My 2014 softens bumps & potholes like a luxury SUV. My FJ has a very quiet ride and there isn't very much wind noise at 50, 60 or 80 miles per hour. There is very much a discernible engine sound when accelerating getting you in touch with the road. The interior is lavish by 4x4 standards with very comfortable seating. I am averaging over 19mpg and yes most often than not 20mpg+ real world consumer usage.

The ride is my favorite feature. It is quiet & soft like a cadillac. Bluetooth Audio & Phone and the 3 garage door openers are as practical as it gets. Sonar back up alert & backup camera cleverly displayed in the mirror are also huge comfortable everyday assets. I love the towing capacity & roof racks. But the Feature that gets us FJ Cruiser owners excited is the Overall look. FJ Cruiser is as BADASS as they come and my neighbors flocked to my house when I brought it home about a year ago. I get looks from LandRover, Jeep & SUV owners all the time. And occasionally I get the "WOW" from my golf buddies. The Fit & Finish of any FJ Cruiser is SUPERB! Toyota QUALITY is just outstanding!

Rear door should open as a 50/50 ambulance style or lose the tire & put it underneath like a forerunner & open the rear like a hatch. Although the spare on the back does look pretty hot! GPS should be stock when u consider where one might want to take an FJ Cruiser. The cargo area needs to be as lengthy as a forerunner with built in shelf like the 2002 Toyota 4Runner. I would put a forward camera on all vehicles but more so w/4x4's so precision parking, avoiding pets, navigating rougher terrain. Add drop down video camera between driver n passenger so we can video tape our trips linked to controls on the steering wheel.

Great ride.
By jax290

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second FJ Cruiser, so I'm already partial to this vehicle. I've taken my 09 hunting in eastern Nevada, and I was very impressed with it's 4wd ability. I took this rig through areas quads had problems with, and it performed. I have no doubt that the 14 FJ would do as well. I'm amazed that Toyota is discontinuing this model after this year. These are great. I love both of mine, and wouldn't trade them for anything comparable. My 09 is a manual transmission, and the 14 is an automatic.

4wd ability. This rid is amazing off road.

The only three negatives I've found on both my 09 and 14 FJ is: Wind noise, Blind spots, and fuel milage. When we bought both FJ's we knew the milage wasn't the greatest, but we were not buying it for the milage.

2014 FJ Cruiser
By 32hooptie

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the FJ Cruiser because its cool! So far i have been very happy with the vehicle. Its fun to drive, has plenty of power, and is solid and well built . Also it has all kinds of safety features through out. As for some of the reviews I read online.....Go to your toyota dealer and drive one, if you can still find one, toyota cut the FJ line and wont be making them anymore.

Awsome four wheel drive vehicle. Its fun to drive. All kinds of safety features. powerful V6 motor Lots of accessories you can add. The FJ Cruiser's Hold their value very well.

It does have some bad blind spots but it comes with large mirrors that help out with that. I am 6' and I find It can be hard to see street lights if stopped to close because the windshield is so straight up and down. most cars windshields slope back which makes for better aerodynamics and viewing lights.

My 2nd FJ
By dano100

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The FJ Cruiser is the perfect vehicle for our situation. We have 3 dogs, a pop up camper and live in Ohio, where the winters can be rough. The rubber floor and water resistant seats, the ability to tow 5,000 lbs. and the off road and bad weather capabilities make it a joy to own.

Compact length, off road prowess, great stereo, the color (Cement) and great looking wheels.

The FJ definitely needs a telescopic steering wheel. I would like to have had the option available for leather and heated seats. Wider outside mirrors would be nice too.

• SUV