2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Fj-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Great ride.
By jax290

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second FJ Cruiser, so I'm already partial to this vehicle. I've taken my 09 hunting in eastern Nevada, and I was very impressed with it's 4wd ability. I took this rig through areas quads had problems with, and it performed. I have no doubt that the 14 FJ would do as well. I'm amazed that Toyota is discontinuing this model after this year. These are great. I love both of mine, and wouldn't trade them for anything comparable. My 09 is a manual transmission, and the 14 is an automatic.

Favorite Features

4wd ability. This rid is amazing off road.

Suggested Improvements

The only three negatives I've found on both my 09 and 14 FJ is: Wind noise, Blind spots, and fuel milage. When we bought both FJ's we knew the milage wasn't the greatest, but we were not buying it for the milage.

2014 FJ Cruiser
By 32hooptie

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the FJ Cruiser because its cool! So far i have been very happy with the vehicle. Its fun to drive, has plenty of power, and is solid and well built . Also it has all kinds of safety features through out. As for some of the reviews I read online.....Go to your toyota dealer and drive one, if you can still find one, toyota cut the FJ line and wont be making them anymore.

Favorite Features

Awsome four wheel drive vehicle. Its fun to drive. All kinds of safety features. powerful V6 motor Lots of accessories you can add. The FJ Cruiser's Hold their value very well.

Suggested Improvements

It does have some bad blind spots but it comes with large mirrors that help out with that. I am 6' and I find It can be hard to see street lights if stopped to close because the windshield is so straight up and down. most cars windshields slope back which makes for better aerodynamics and viewing lights.

My 2nd FJ
By dano100

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The FJ Cruiser is the perfect vehicle for our situation. We have 3 dogs, a pop up camper and live in Ohio, where the winters can be rough. The rubber floor and water resistant seats, the ability to tow 5,000 lbs. and the off road and bad weather capabilities make it a joy to own.

Favorite Features

Compact length, off road prowess, great stereo, the color (Cement) and great looking wheels.

Suggested Improvements

The FJ definitely needs a telescopic steering wheel. I would like to have had the option available for leather and heated seats. Wider outside mirrors would be nice too.