YOU'LL EITHER LOVE THEM OR HATE THEM!!
By hunting45 on
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I have wanted one since "07" and finally have a 2012 4x4 automatic. If you're one that likes to look out the side of your auto to see what's beside you forget it in this ride, I've always used my mirrors so it doesn't bother me. If you have hair on your head and like to ride with your window down you better carry a cap for when you get out cause your hair well be parted right above your ear. There will be no equalizing the wind blow by trying to equalize with the other window nor with side window visors. When stopping at some stop lights you'll need to get use to looking up from the steering wheel. I do truely love mine, the gas mpg is great even pulling my 21' bass boat. Love'm or hate'm.
Favorite Features
I'm a 6' 230lb guy and very comfortable when driving my FJ. It's very responsive and the options are great. The towing of my 21' Bass boat with a 225 outboard is unbelievable, you don't know it's in tow. The mpg is a-ok, depending where I've bought fuel I have gotten as high as 18.9 in town and pulling my boat to the low of 15.9 driving the same, keep track of where you buy gas. Bottom line it's a Toyota FJ 4x4 what more needs said.
Suggested Improvements
Where the roof meets the windshield needs some type of transperansy tp inhance stop light visibility. It would also be nice to be able to roll the widow down and not absolutely get your head blown off. The 70 to 100 mph highway wind noise gets a little loud but not sure on how to fix that except to slow down. It would also be nice to have wider side mirrors (the heigth is ok) to compensate for the poor rear/side visibility.