2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - silly rice burner! what?

2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Review

2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Base 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

silly rice burner! what?
By dakomaha on

2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 36, I served in the military for 12 yrs. rough, tough and rugged reliable rigs at work, and jeep wranglers at home. I've never even considered anything else. purchase a wrangler, smittybilt bumpers, black rims, and rugged mud tires for the snow, mud ect........... now, over a decade later 100% IU disabled vet with a bad back and no leg from my left knee down, I was devestated. no clutch lol.... so, i decided to open my options. in the entire car/suv/and 4x4 line up I was about to throw my hands up. then I saw a FJ extremely attractive from the outside. I don't want to say "boxy" but it wasn't all aero dynamic- It looked like a SUV built for a man. Then I saw the inside. WOW!

Favorite Features

Even though the tires are based for offroading, mud terrain, the ride is extremely comfortable on my back. the review says not alot of visibility. false. there is plenty. and mirrors. not alot of large windows which is great because who wants the sun beating down on them? certainly not I. It retains the A/C and heat, where the Jeeps did not. no carpet, so clean ups are super easy. tons of space with tie down cargo "D" rings. very attractive driver and passenger areas/ display panels and control panels. I used to tease folks for not buying "American" let me tell ya, the FJ is the top of the line, luxury of 4x4's, and you don't have to up grade anything. like other vehicles.

Suggested Improvements

N/A.