2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Review: A Comfortable Beast

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

A Comfortable Beast
By joef5 on

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, you only buy one of these if your looking for a all terrain vehicle, this is what itís for and this is what is does very well. I have done sand dunes, and 2 feet of snow with ease. I am amazed at some of these reviews, Jesus. I am not going to complain about a chevy 4 cyl thatís gets lots of MPG because it cant fit 8 people, and I am not going to complain about a Rubicon 4X4 because its not a luxury ride, there are different cars and trucks for different things. The FJ Cruiser is a all terrain vehicle thatís very capable of normal driving, its quiet, its dependable, I know people with over 100,000 miles without one problem and it will go ANYWHERE you want. You just feel safe in it.

Favorite Features

Good sound.I have the off road package and recommend it, makes it darn near unstoppable. The one thing most everyone feels when they drive one in is sturdiness and durability, you just feel it. One thing about the FJ Cruiser, you can be driving it in the city, handling any kind of storm, come snow or sleet and you just feel safe, but then the surprise comes when you take it off road. Itís like where have you been all my life. I am amazed on the steep dirt hills this will go up, stick it in 4X4 and 2nd gear, you will go up anything. if your looking for a safe vehicle, one that you know will start every time, one that is rated safety very well and will tow 5000 lbs, here you go.

Suggested Improvements

The view is limited backing up, but with properly adjusted mirrors and all the new ones come with backup camera, its pretty easy limited view from back seat, but we dont use it. If your looking for a luxury coupe, this isnt it, your looking for 50 MPG, this isnt it, I average 20. If your looking for a touring vehicle for 4, this isnít it. BUT, if your looking for a safe vehicle, that will start every time, THIS IS IT If you want one for you or the kids, that you know weather will not be a problem, this is it. If you want a truck you can use for everyday driving, but still use it as a work truck hauling 5000 pound, or go out in any weather or any terrain this is it, I would buy again!